Friday, May 20, 2022

Eleven days till we roll from Astoria...

 On June 1st I'll point my bike east and begin cycling across the USA. I Thought these Fun Facts would be of interest, along with a general map of the route I'm following...


Miles from start to finish: 3,803 miles
Total Feet of climbing: 157,900
Average daily mileage: 95 miles
States Crossed: 15

Here's the route...We start in Astoria Oregon, and complete the journey in Portland, Maine. There's a great big and beautiful country in between, filled with a bunch of fine folks, and I'm looking forward to experiencing it all from the seat of a bike.

And here is the link to my ride journal: https://jimsjourney2022.blogspot.com

You can access the Oasis Center donation link here:
https://oasiscenter.org/home/maptivists



My final long distance training ride prior to heading to Astoria...101 miles, easy pace...I'm ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Green to Madison...leading to rest day. 55 miles w/ 2800' climbing Mr. Rogers says…It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood…   To...